Monday, January 10, 2011

Where do I start?

Alright, here we go. Since August I have OVERHAULED the pigsty I call my room, organized my "art studio" (that my mother so sneakily put into my room for me while I was at work.. Thanks mum!) , made some progress on my portfolio because of my new "art studio" and quit my job! I don't think I ever posted about how unhappy working in the mall makes me.. long story short, it was making me miserable and when losing sleep over a job that pays you peanuts for paycheques, it's not worth the stress. I am now 21, I feel a bit more confident, you know.. the kind of confidence that comes with age. I knoooow anybody who is even 5 years older than me is probably laughing at me right now.. :)
I have been doing a lot of reading lately! I am currently reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. It's keeping me QUITE entertained! It's sort of a peek into the lives of the "merry pranksters" and the LSD worshippers of the 60's. Ohhh what I would give to have been born just a FEEEWW decades earlier. But hey, I can still tell my grandchildren that I was around when the INTERNET came about.. and that I lived in the last century! And Y2K! Almost forgot about that one... haaaaa.
I almost forgot! I attended an open house at Capilano University back in November! Man it was so inspiring to see this conglomeration of creative beings at work. I feel a bit more confident with what I need to be focusing on, and at the same time a little bit more intimidated and unsure than before.. There's a lot of great talent and LIMITED space in this program.. hmph
WISH ME LUCK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment